Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rain Dance

It is some kind of nasty where I live right now.  Apparently, the wind got so bad last night while we were under a tornado watch, that it knocked out the power and broke the umbrella we had on the porch.

All I want to do today is curl up and sleep.  I have my coffee, but it's offering very little help right now.

Draco, of course, is still out of town and I have had some very spiritual things happening to me lately that I'm still trying to sort out and I'm not quite ready to talk about.  Until I get it sorted, the Card of the Day feature is on hold.

I have made many decisions lately, both personal and for my family.

I mentioned us moving before, and we are still going to, but things have changed a smidge.  The apartment that Mini-Me is moving out of, we won't be taking.  After giving it a good looking over, we decided that it was just too small for us and we would like something bigger.  A large part of that is to do with our business, which I have also made some decisions about.

I have decided to close the business for the moment.  Honestly, I haven't been doing that much business and it's just not quite what I really want.  I will be opening another business at a later date, but for now, I need to get us moved and possibly find a part-time job.  Once all of that is settled, I am going to take stock of what I have, what I want to do and I'll be adding some stuff and then I'll go from there.  We'll see what happens.

Now that word is starting to circulate about our move, people are coming around and trying to help.  L is taking it better than I thought she would, and her family now understands why.  It's like I told L's mom yesterday (which is where I spent practicallly my entire day), we're not leaving because there's a problem or we're not happy.  The simple truth is that we haven't had our own place in about 3 years now, and it's beyond time for us to get out on our own and do it again.  I know it will be hard and a little more expensive, but the things worth having in life are never easy.

Draco and I need our own space to grow and explore our relationship now that we have an empty nest, we need space to practice our religion without the worry of how it will effect anyone but us.  We need to be able to laugh, love and fight loudly if that's what we need or want to do.  Those are things that it's hard to do when you live with other people.

Our time here has been wonderful for the most part, and we still love L and Little Diva to pieces and they will continue to be a big part of our lives going into the future.  We still plan to get together regularly, include them in family things and have them play a big part in our lives.  I'm grateful for everything the God and Goddess has given us in our relationship with L and I don't plan to loose it.

Our next hurdle will be this coming month.  We have a lot of money to put together in just a few weeks all while we try to sort the issue of after living with other people for 3 years, we don't really have much in the way of household stuff of our own.  

I'm tickled though, about a set of dishes L gave me yesterday from her stash at her Mom's house.  The plates and blowls have herbs on them and they are awesome!  

Well, that's it for now.  Mabye later today I can pull one of the plates out of the box and take a pictuer to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment